Request a Bin
We are here to provide supplies for volunteers to lead your very own, successful cleanup!
Grab some friends, family, classmates, team members, etc. and spend a morning, afternoon, or a beautilful Mississippi Gulf Coast sunset removing trash from your community. Just like we do for our cleanup events, volunteers will be required to record data about the trash removed during their cleanup(s). If you are unfamiliar with our cleanup events or if this is your first time doing a cleanup, please watch this short and sweet "how to do a cleanup" video! Volunteers can keep their bin of supplies to do one or multiple cleanups before it must be returned it to the MSCCP (just make sure to record that data )
Once we receive your request, the Mississippi Coastal Cleanup team will put together a bin of supplies, giving you all you need for a successful cleanup. We will send a confirmation email to the pick up of your bin at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center in Biloxi, MS.
- Submit your request early in the week if you plan to do a weekend cleanup so we can ensure your bin will be ready!
- If there are multiple groups needing supplies for the same day, buckets and trash grabbers will be dispersed equally.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your request to be fulfilled.
- We may not be able to fill requests submitted on Friday afternoons.
- We do not fill requests on weekends.
- Please avoid requesting a bin during scheduled events as our supplies will be prioritized at those events. You can view the event schedule here.
** We will not be filling requests for the dates surrounding the holidays (Nov. 23-28th & Dec. 19th - Jan. 2nd) as our team takes university holiday breaks.
Supply Bins will contain:
- disposable gloves (S-XL)
- Data Collection Pack (includes clipboards, data cards, and pencils) - recording data is a requirement, and OH SO important!
- trash bags
- hand sanitizer
- first aid kit
- bucket(s) - optional
- trash grabbers - optional
Returning your Supply Bin
Once you have completed your cleanup, bins with the completed data cards will need to be dropped off at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or to share any thoughts, concerns, or ideas you may have. You can reach the MSCCP Coordinator directly @ email@example.com