Request a Bin
We are here to provide supplies for volunteers to lead your very own, successful cleanup!
Grab some friends, family, classmates, team members, etc. and spend a morning, afternoon, or a beautilful Mississippi Gulf Coast sunset removing trash from your community. Just like we do for our cleanup events, volunteers will be required to record data about the trash removed during their cleanup(s). If you are unfamiliar with our cleanup events or if this is your first time doing a cleanup, please watch this short and sweet "how to do a cleanup" video! Volunteers can keep their bin of supplies to do one or multiple cleanups before it must be returned it to the MSCCP (just make sure to record that data ).
Once we receive your request, we will send an email confirming that a member of the Mississippi Coastal Cleanup Team will fill your request. Your bin will be put together and ready for pick up at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center in Biloxi, MS at the date you specify below.
- Submit your request early in the week if you plan to do a weekend cleanup so we can ensure a team member is available to fill your bin.
- If there are multiple groups needing supplies for the same day, buckets and trash grabbers may be limited.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your request to be fulfilled.
- We may not be able to fill requests submitted on Friday afternoons.
- We do not fill requests submitted after business hours or on weekends (i.e., if you submit your request at 6pm on Friday for supplies that next morning on Saturday, your request will not be filled and we will ask you to resubmit during the week).
- Please avoid requesting a bin during scheduled events as our supplies will be prioritized at those events. You can view the event schedule here.
** Bin Requests will not be filled during the October 16th - 23rd timeframe.
Supplies will be prioritized for our end-of-the-year October cleanup event scheduled for October 21st, 2023.
Supply Bins will contain:
- disposable gloves (S-XL)
- Data Collection Pack (includes clipboards, data cards, and pencils) - recording data is a requirement, and OH SO important!
- trash bags
- hand sanitizer
- first aid kit
- bucket(s) - optional
- trash grabbers - optional
Returning your Supply Bin
Once you have completed your cleanup, bins with the completed data cards will need to be dropped off at the MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center.