The Annual Mississippi Coastal Cleanup
Our annual cleanup spans across all three coastal counties in Mississippi. There are up to 30 different cleanup sites volunteers can pick from during the registration process. Each site has a designated Site Captain who will be there to sign-in and gear up volunteers with everything needed for the cleanup (gloves, bags, data cards, etc.). Registration for the event is online and typically opens a few months prior to the event and will remain open until the day of the event. Volunteers can sign-up solo or as a group. The event is kid and family friendly, and we encourage anyone and everyone to join! A complimentary lunch is provided to volunteers after the event.
This annual event is a part of the Ocean Conservancy's International Coastal Cleanup Event, and all data collected gets sent in and entered in the world-wide data pool!
- Register online (link located on our homepage).
- The cleanup takes place 8 AM to 11 AM the day of the event. So feel free to show up within that time frame to help rid our coastal waterways of marine debris!
- Volunteers are invited to join us at one of the lunch sites for a complementary lunch. Your Site Captain will provide you with a meal ticket upon your completion of the cleanup. This ticket will get you food and enter you into a raffle for some great prizes (*AHEM* kayak).
- BYO: Sun protection (sunglasses, hat, sunscreen), closed toe shoes, refillable water bottle, and a bucket.
- Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on event details
- Spread the word!
The 2020 Mississippi Coastal Cleanup is scheduled for Saturday, October 17th!
Jackson County - Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - Jackson County Campus (Address: 2300 US-90, Gautier, MS 39553)
Harrison County - South Beach Hotel Pavilion (1735 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39531) - next to Sharkheads
Hancock County - MSU Extension Office (Address: 856 Suite B, HWY 90, Bay St Louis, MS 39520)
LUNCH EVENTS: 11 AM to 12 PM
** Raffle prize winners will be announced at 12 PM. Winners must be present.
There are no cleanup sites available for this year yet. Check back soon!